March 26, 2011

    "Where are we going?" I asked. It was a waste of breath. He never answered my questions.
     Instead he grabbed a hold of my arm and made me face him. "Does it matter?" he asked.
     No, I realized. It didn't matter. I was with him. Why would it matter where we went? He was keeping me safe, he watched over me, and I was in love with him.
     His face was strong. Unforgettable. His eyes were like none I'd ever seen before. They were normal, dark brown, but I could get lost looking into them. His dark brown, almost black hair was cut kind of short. It wasn't buzzed or anything, but there was probably three inches of hair on his head. He always had this smirk on his face too. His lips were skinny, completely kissable. He had sideburns that connected to the facial hair he didn’t always have.
     Slowly, I ran my hands through his hair. His grip on my arm hardened. I made him nervous. He didn't hide it either.
     "We can't let them see us," he whispered.
     He was right, of course. If they saw us, he'd be dead. They wouldn't hesitate. I just wanted a kiss, just one. Besides, the sun was setting and they wouldn't be able to see us in a few minutes.
     I stood up on my tip toes and gently ran my lips against his. He was five ten, I was five two. My actions shocked him. He wasn't expecting it, the kiss. I loved catching him off guard.
     Before he could kiss me back we heard shouting in the distance. "Come on," he said. "We can't wait much longer."
     He moved his grip on my arm to my hand. We intertwined our fingers and headed off through the long, knee length grass together


music: 'Cheated Heart' by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE.

    ReplyDelete